Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Tree Of Learning

I enjoyed reading the valuable life lessons on Life Long Learning from other wise and educationally persistent people. I have always highly respected intellectual pursuits and have tried to be an overachiever in everything I do...especially where these goals have extended in my life.

I want to be a long-lived tree, sinking my roots deep down in the earth, drinking from the river of the intelligentsia by which I am planted. Learning travel to my uppermost branches, emitting leaves that sparkle into the sunlight of teaching, and reflect in the water below, the beauty of what they have gathered--gathered from the tree that fed them.

What a dream to pursue! But one should always reach for the stars, and strive to be the best one can be!

No comments: