Friday, July 27, 2007

A Banner Day!

I was researching online image generators yesterday. I began playing around with Nerdfuls banner maker, thinking I would just see what a mock-up banner I could make for my sister and her husband. Their surprise party is next weekend and I was anxious to see what it would look like if we had thought to have one made.

I followed the instructions, selecting a 17th Century font in orchid, and typed, "Happy 25th Anniversary, Gail and Alan!!!" inside the rainbow-colored border. It was so pretty that I wished that I could have actually had one just like it.

I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to see what else I might learn, and that's when I saw a great surprise! I could actually order what I only thought I was playing around with! And better yet, it was only $.99 + $.36 more if I wanted the trade insignia removed. So immediately I whipped out my Mastercard and purchased it online.

It will be shipped to my house in about 5 days...just in time for our party (with a couple of days to spare). Now if only the postal service will be that prompt! Yaaaaay for practical-to-my-life technology!

No comments: