Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Building Blocks

Everything that I have learned in my life has always had previous building blocks that helped me to achieve in the present. I see the hand of God so clearly, in retrospect, guiding and directing my paths, taking me to where I am in the present. As a Christian who fervently believes in Christ, I can say with certainty, that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

This is true, for when I look back to the difficult or challenging moments, I can see the Great Architect's renderings like footprints in the sands of my life. Perhaps this is why I have always been so enamored by the poem, "Footprints." Whenever I have been unsure of myslef, I just remember that I am never alone...Jesus is with me, and I know He loves me. "If God is for me, who can be against me?" So I know my anchor holds, and grips the solid rock. Who is this rock? This rock is Jesus! And so I know He holds me firm, and I can never drift away.

When God is the author of one's life, it is so freeing! I know that Jesus loves me, and knowing that frees me to love and be loved. God has directed my paths from before I was even conceived, and has led me to the road I travel today.

One day my pathway will lead me to Heaven and Home. I will reach my final destination with peace in my heart, and the joy of my salvation will come to fruition when I gaze in awe at my beautiful Savior's face. Until then, my self-esteem in rooted in Him. If God is proud of me, and of my accomplishments, I can rest assured that I can be also. Knowing this does strengthen me, and this gives me purpose.

No comments: